Please note: The following calendar contains dates and times intended to be used only for the observance of the Ekadasi fast and paran times (break fast) for our New Jersey Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math.
The calculations have been made according to local Philadelphia time and location. The times may also be used by everyone in the area we serve including New York City and the entire state of New Jersey.
Those in a different time zone or location should check for possible variations.
Except for Ekadasi, Srila Govinda Maharaja has instructed the devotees of Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math to observe the functions on the same dates as they are observed in Navadwip Dham regardless of the calculation for local time worldwide.
2. (Fri) Sri Gauravirbhava Paurnamasi. Sri Gaura Purnima. Divine appearance of Sri Gauranga. Total fast until moonrise, then no grains. Grand festival at Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math. Vasantotsav and Dol Yatra of Sri Sri Radha-Govinda. Special offering of worship and arati. Sri Chaitanya-charitamrita reading and mahasankirtan. End of year 532 Gaurabda.
3. (Sat) Krishna Pratipad. Anandotsav of Sri Jagannath Mishra. Start of year 533 Gaurabda.
6. (Tue) Krishna Panchami. Appearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Sharan Shanta Maharaj. Pancham Dol.
9. (Fri) Krishna Ashtami. Appearance of Srila Srivas Pandit.
11. (Sun) Krishna Navami. Disappearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Vigraha Bhiksu Goswami Maharaj.
12. (Mon) Krishna Ekadashi. Papa Vimochani Ekadashi. Fast
13. (Tues) Krishna Dvadashi. Break fast (paran) 10:44 – 11:12am. Disappearance of Srila Govinda Ghosh Thakur. Disappearance of Sripad Satyendrachandra Bhattacharya Mahoday.
22. (Thu) Gaura Panchami. Appearance of Sripad Ramanuja Acharya.
24. (Sat) Gaura Saptami. Appearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Vilas Tirtha Maharaj.
25. (Sun) Gaura Ashtami. Sri Rama Navami. Fast until noon. Appearance at noon of Sri Ramachandra.
27. (Tue) Gaura Ekadashi. Fasting for Kamada Ekadashi.
28. (Wed) Gaura Dvadashi. Break fast (paran) 06:51 – 11:01am. Observance of the disappearance of Om Vishnupad Paramahamsa Parivrajakacharya-varya Ashtottara-shata-sri Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaja.
31. (Sat) Vasanta Rasa of Sri Krishna. Rasa Yatra of Sri Balaram. Appearance of Srila Vamshi Vadanananda Thakur and Srila Shyamananda
5. (Thu) Krishna Panchami. Disappearance of Sripad Krishnadas Babaji Maharaj.
7. (Sat) Krishna Saptami. Disappearance of Srila Abhiram Thakur.
10. (Tue) Krishna Dashami. Disappearance of Srila Vrindavan Das Thakur.
11. (Wed) Krishna Ekadashi. Fasting for Varuthini Ekadasi. Disappearance of Sriyukta Saurindranath Bhakti Varidhi Prabhu.
12. (Thu) Krishna Dvadashi. Break fast (paran) 06:27 – 10:50am.
16. (Mon) Appearance of Srila Gadadhar Pandit Goswami.
17. (Tue) Gaura Pratipad. Appearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Aloka Paramahamsa Maharaj.
18. (Wed) Gaura Tritiya. Beginning of 21 days Chandan Yatra of Sri Sri Jagannathdev. Aksaya Tritiya: a good day to start some works. Appearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Vichar Jajavar Maharaja.
20. (Fri) Gaura Panchami. Appearance of Sripad Shankar Acharya.Disappearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Vilas Gabhastinemi Maharaj.
22. (Sun) Gaura Saptami. Jahnu Saptami. Sri Jahnavi Puja (Sri Ganga Puja).
24. (Tue) Gaura Navami. Appearance of Sri Nityananda-shakti, Sri Jahnava Devi,and Sri Rama-shakti, Sri Sita Devi.
25. (Wed) Gaura Ekadashi. Fasting for Mohini Ekadasi.
26. (Thurs) Gaura Dvadashi. Break fast (paran) 06:07 – 10:41am
29. (Sun) Sri Nrisimha Chaturdashi. Appearance day of Sri Nrisimhadev. Full fast until after sunset, then no grains (anukalpa).
30. (Mon) Sri Nrisimha Chaturdashi paran between 6.05 and 6:49 a.m.
Sri Krishna’s Phul Dol and Salila Bihar. Buddha Purnima: appearance day of Lord Buddha. Disappearance of Srila Parameshvari Das Thakur. Appearance of Srila Srinivas Acharya.
TRIVIKRAM (1st HALF)
1. (Tue) Krishna Pratipad. Disappearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Saranga Goswami Maharaj.
5. (Sat) Krishna Panchami. Disappearance of Srila Ramananda Ray.
9. (Wed) Krishna Navami. Disappearance of Sripad Santosh Krishna Das Adhikari Prabhu.
11. (Fri) Krishna Ekadashi. Fasting for Apara Ekadashi.
12. (Sat) Krishna Dvadashi. Break fast (paran) 05:48 – 10:34am. Appearance of Srila Vrindavan Das Thakur.
25. (Fri) Gaura Ekadashi. Fasting for Padmini Ekadashi.
26. (Sat) Gaura Dvadashi. Break fast (paran) 05:37 – 08:12am.
9. (Sat) Krishna Ekadashi. Fasting for Parama Ekadashi.
10. (Sun) Krishna Dvadashi. Break fast (paran) 07:59 – 10:30am.
TRIVIKRAM (2nd HALF)
17. (Sun) Gaura Chaturthi. Disappearance of Srila Bhakti Gaurava Giri Maharaj (Sripad Paramananda Vidyaratna Prabhu).
23. (Sat) Gaura Ekadashi. Fasting for Pandava Nirjala Ekadashi.
Sri Ganga Puja. Appearance of Sri Ganga Mata Goswamini. Disappearance of Srila Baladev Vidyabhushan Prabhu.
24. (Sun) Gaura Dwadashi. Break fast (paran) 05:32 – 10:33am.
26. (Tue) Grand festival of Srila Raghunath Das Goswami at Sripat Panihati.
28. (Thu) Snan Yatra (bathing) of Sri Jagannathdev. Disappearance of Srila Mukunda Datta and Srila Sridhar Pandit.
29. (Fri) Krishna Pratipad. Disappearance of Srila Shyamananda Prabhu and Sripad Rishabdev Das Adhikari.
30. (Sat) Krishna Dvitiya. Disappearance of Sri Gaurahari Bhakti Sampad Prabhu.